Dec 21, 2012

Christmas Mini Album Day 1

Hello and Welcome 

I am working on a cute little album for Christmas and to celebrate me getting back with Close To My Heart as a consultant.
From now until Christmas Eve I will be posting my progress with the album. 
It is going to be six pages

So here is Day 1 of My Mini Album Using Artiste Cartridge.

I cut all the pages out of Chip board that I purchased at Michael's.
I cut the pages at 5" one of each page, they can be found on page 60 of the handbook. 
Then i cut the papers to cover each page at the same size from my paper pad that I also purchased at Michael's, 6x6 paper pad " Holly Day Wishes" by Recollections. 

     
  I love this is paper and wish I could have found more of it

Here are the pages covered


Papers lined up perfectly with the Chipboard cut outs

I started with inking all the edges of the pages using CTMH ink pad Chocolate. 
I loved the nice finished that it gives to the edges. 

I wanted to something simple for the cover page. 

Cover Page:
Cut beige @ 3 3/4" 
Cut brown @ 3 1/2"
Ornament is cut at 3 1/4"
I punched a hole in the top of the ornament and added an eyelet and strung a piece of hemp through the top 

I embossed the brown card stock using Tim Holtz Embossing Folder from " Christmas Background and Border Set" 
I inked the edges of the mats and the ornament as well.    



Page 2:     
Simple Page

Cut 2 mats - 1 out of Beige @ 3 3/4" and 1 out of Dark Green @ 3 1/2"


Page 3:
Cut beige cardstock @ 6" x 3 1/4" 
score in half to make a folder
Cut mat for the front @ 3" x 2 3/4" 
Rounded the outer edges
add adhesive to only 3 sides to make a pocket to add some tags behind it for additional photos or journalling

Tags (Page 69 ) cut @ 2 1/2" covered one before cutting with the foil tape and then adhered them together after cutting
before putting them together I used Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink "Meadow" to stain the foil side of the tag. 
Cut a second tag same size out twice and glued together. 
Added hemp to the tags 
on the second tag I added an eyelet before adding the hemp. 

Cut mitten (Page 79) @ 2 1/2" 
inked the edges and added a off white pearl to the center of the snowflake on the mitten. 

On the folder I added some stitch lines around the edges on the outside and inside and on the cuff of the mitten too
Also on the tags.    


    
     Well I am so glad to share this Mini Album with you all and hope you all enjoy my little projects. 
My goal is to make this Mini Album using only this one cartridge, so I can show case how useful this one cartridge can be. 

Make sure to stop by tomorrow and see the next couple of pages with how I made them. 
When the album is complete I will make a video showing it completed. 

Also make sure you stop by my CTMH website and pick up your Cricut Artiste Cartridge today and get started on some wonderful and fun projects...





You get everything shown here when you purchase 
Cricut Artiste Cartridge.
 
 


 These are the cuts that I used to make my Mini Album

 



Also come and check out next months stamp of the month set and maybe even pick up stamp of the month set for December



http://cms.closetomyheart.com/~/media/ImageGallery/Time%20Sensitive/Medium/2012_Autumn_Winter_IdeaBook/1212_SOM.ashx?w=400

 http://cms.closetomyheart.com/~/media/ImageGallery/Time%20Sensitive/Medium/2012_Autumn_Winter_IdeaBook/0113_SOM.ashx?w=400


 Remember to also check out Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge 









If you are thinking or would like to become a Consultant with CTMH contact me at scrappyemt@yahoo.com and I can help you get started 

 http://cms.closetomyheart.com/~/media/ImageGallery/Time%20Sensitive/Medium/2012_Autumn_Winter_IdeaBook/ConsultantKit_Essential.ashx?w=400
 

 







































     

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...