Mar 5, 2014

Vintage Altered Paper Mach Box with album

Hello Everyone!
 
Hope everyone is staying warm. I know it has been crazy lately with the weather... We dodge a couple of storms this past week here and I am so happy for that, we were running out of places to pile the snow at from the last huge storms we got.
 
 
I am happy I have gotten some great crafting stuff over the past couple of weeks and got to play with some of it the last couple of days. I decided to give a Altered Box a try and I am so happy with the way it turned out. I also gave flowers a try again. I do have to say I think I have them down now and love playing with different ways of doing them.
 
I will be trying more altered projects in the near future, I bought some more boxes and a frame that I would like to altered to go with our living décor. Hubby loves the boxes and he is going to start making me my own boxes for crafting.
 
Here is my Altered Box with a Micro Mini Album
 

 
Box measures approx. 4 1/2" W  x 3 1/2" D x 2 1/4" H without the legs/feet on it. I covered it with some cardstock that I had gotten at Michael's on clearance during the summer, thought this was a nice vintage style and I just love the papers.
 
I painted the box first with Black Acrylic Paint so the edges would have that finished look. I think trimmed the paper to approx. 1/8" smaller that the top and side to cover them. I even covered the bottom of the box and the inside of the lid too, but not the bottom part of the box.
 
I then added the crochet lace around the side of the lid and added some pearls to the finish of the trim.
Flowers are made from  EK punch (small)  and Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers Die. I finished the edges of the off white roses with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I cut some star leaves out on the cricut using Mother's Day Bouquet.
 
The Charm is from a pack that I got at Michael's a long time ago and can't remember what brand it is.
 
I had a crystal spray that I also got at Michael's recollection and cut parts off of it to add some more embellishments to the flowers.
I made the stick pin and added that to the back side and love how it turned out and that is one of the first ones I have made also.
 
I painted the feet and used E6000 to attach them to the bottom of the box.
 


 
Next is the Micro Mini Album
I knew I needed something for the inside of the box but I did not want to decorate the inside. I wanted something that I could add some memories and thought how cute it would be to have a mini album inside the box or maybe even two.
 
I found on youtube a great tutorial on this micro mini album. ( as soon as I find it again, I will post the link to it)
 
I altered it a bit for my making and love how it turned out.
 
Album Measures approx. 2 1/4" x 2 1/2" and it has 6 pages with pockets on the top with tags.
 



 
I could not sleep last night so I went to the craft studio and made this micro album in about an hour. I love how it turned out and I really enjoyed having some quiet time while everyone in the house slept.
 
I hope you all enjoyed my project. Tomorrow I will be make a video of this project and uploading it to my Youtube channel.
 
Well time for me to head to bed and try to sleep tonight... have a great night everyone and happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...