Feb 20, 2012


Welcome to Wonderful Blog Hop Hosted by Melissa Pinter... 
I hope you all will enjoy hopping along with us and hearing our stories of Miracles that have happened in our lives... Grab your tissues and something drink.

In 1996, I was pregnant with my 4th child and I was so excited. I have always wanted a big family. My pregnancy started out normal with no complications. My due date was August 20th, 1996, the day before my mother's birthday. My mom was loving that, having a grandbaby born in the same month as her and her mother.
In May 1996 we found that we were having a girl, I was extremely excited and could not wait. I had 3 boys and wanted a girl. I was finally having my girl. We went out and got everything for a little girl. I was still thinking that it was not really true so I did pick up some boys stuff just in case. haha!
Well as the end of the pregnancy started to come closer we were preparing for our little princess.
My due date came and went and no little one yet. 2 weeks went by and still nothing, doctors said not worry everything was fine. One night I was sitting there and I noticed my ankles were a little more swollen than normal. I called the doctor and she said I needed to stay off my feet for a week and she would do a follow up in a couple of days. Well the next day, I went to walk and could not stand up on my feet, they were so swollen that they hurt to move them. Called the doctor back and she told me to get to the hospital she wanted to see what was going on.
We arrived at the hospital, went right to the birthing center. They hooked me up to the heart monitor to check the baby's heartbeat and it was slow and soft. The doctor came in looked at my feet and said that they needed to induce me now. I was so scared and nervous, I did not know what was going on and the doctor looked nervous. Minutes later they started the process to induce me. Excited and scared, about 3 hours go by and the doctor comes in and she tells me that they have to do an emergency C-section, my heart rate was increasing and the baby's was decreasing and if they did not do something right then and there, they could lose us both.
They immediately started to prep me for surgery. I was rushed into the OR. About 15 to 20 minutes later I heard them tell me I had a before baby girl and saw them rushing out of the room with her. I was asking what was going on and the doctor kept telling me that they were just cleaning her up and she would be back in a minute. I don't remember anything after that, I woke up in my room.
As soon as I woke up there were 4 doctors in there with me and my ex husband. They started to explain what had happened to my daughter and me. I could not believe what I was hearing. My baby girl was on life support and she was being life flighted to Yale New Haven Hospital. I felt like I was having a nightmare. Then they continued to tell me that my hearted stopped and they had to revive me. I did not want to hear about me I wanted to see my daughter, I wanted to hold her and touch her. They brought her into me and she was in a incubator and had tubes breathing for her and I could not even touch her. I remember screaming and asking god why this was happening to this little innocent baby.
The doctors told me that both of her lungs had clasped and she was losing blood cause of it and they needed to fly her to the next level of care hospital that could help her.
She was life flighted out and I did not know what was going on and I could not see her. I ended up fighting with my doctors and getting released from the hospital so I could be with my daughter. I needed to be there with her and she needed me, her mother to be there with her telling her we loved her and that we were there.
 My ex husband and me drove to Yale New Haven Hospital that was about 2 hours away. When we arrived there we did not know what to expect. All we knew was she was on life support and in the NICU unit.
The doctors were told that we were there and they met us outside of the NICU and started to explain what was happening and the told us to call our church and have them come to the hospital and baptism her, that she was not going to make it through the night... I remember telling them they were lying to me and that she was a fighter and she was going to make it through, god would not do this to this precious child. They let me in to see her and I was numb and could not believe what I was seeing all around me sick little precious babies. I cried and cried the whole time. I could not hold her or touch her still, it was breaking my heart. I leaned over to her ear and I told her I loved her and that we were there now and she had to fight with all she had.
She was born September 4, 1996
she weighted 8 lbs 5 ozs  17 inches.

Everyday we were there no matter. I did the same thing everyday, I would wash/scrub up and go in lean over to the same ear and whisper I love you and tell her she was a fighter. My ex husband would do the same thing on her other side. We did this everyday. We saw no changes happening for the first week. But the next week after she was born I could not go up I was sick and I also had a follow up appointment with my doctor, I called every hour to 2 hours and talk to her nurse and see how she was doing, no change she would tell me. Well I was sitting in bed crying cause I could not be there cause of being sick myself, and the phone rang, it was my daughter's doctor, there was something going on, her heart rate was coming up and blood pressure was stable. I just cried even harder. So weeks went on and we noticed more and more improvements in her condition, about 3 weeks after she was born she was able to have the breathing tube removed and just regular oxygen. I was finally able to hold my little girl. The nurses cried as hard as I did when they handed me my daughter for the first time. I held her for hours and did not want to put her down.. My ex husband did not mind at all... he was just so happy to see our daughter in my arms and that was enough for him. I remember him telling me that her strength came from me and that she was fighting cause I was always there and I was a fighter.
A week later she was transferred to a lower level of care hospital closer to home, just until she could eat on her own.
She was about 3 months old when she finally got to come home from the hospital. She was still on a feeding tube but we worked together and she was able to come off the feeding tube about 2 weeks after being home.
 We watched her every day get stronger and stronger! She is a fighter and she is full of love and life. She is my Miracle.
Today she is a 15 yr old young lady, freshman in high school and she lives a normal teenage life. But everyday I thank God for her and all my beautiful children.

This is my miracle story and this is my daughter
Kate-Lyn Summer

She til this day shows me how much of a fighter she is and how strong of a person she is.

Here is another quick story that just happened to use and if it was for my baby girl my 7 year old daughter would not be here.

August 30th, 2011

We were recovering from Hurricane Irene, we had no food or water, power. My husband and I had just came off a 40 hour shift at the local Storm Shelter, we were stationed there for EMS (emergency medical service), Walmart had finally opened up and we went to go get some canned food, water and etc for the house to help get us by.
I left my daughters at home with my son's wife.
I figured they would be alright.

We were gone about an hour. We came home and my son came home all at the same time. My son and his wife decided to go for a ride. As soon as they left my 7 yr old daughter came running up to me crying and was screaming that my son's wife had hurt her, my oldest daughter Kate-Lyn came out and handed me my spare cell phone and said mom you need to listen to this.
I was shocked and could not believe what I was hearing.
My daughter had hit the record on my cell phone and audio taped what my son's wife was doing to my 7 yr old daughter and I could her my oldest screaming for her to let her go and stop it over and over.
My son's wife was trying to smother my 7 yr old daughter with a pillow and she kept telling her she was going to kill her. My oldest daughter ran over and was trying to pull her away from my son's wife. My son's wife hit my oldest daughter and knocked her to the floor, she got back up and started hitting my son's wife and finally she stopped and my 7 yr old daughter ran and locked herself in the bathroom. That is when we came home. I was in shock and could not believe this was happening and had happened to my children.
My son's wife was arrested and is awaiting trial as of today.

It felt like I was living a lifetime movie in my own life.
This was supposed to be someone that I could trust with my children and I could not understand why she would do this and how could she do this.
I am so proud of my oldest daughter to have done what she had to protect her sisters and to use my cell phone to tape it. She saved her little sister and she is my hero and will always be..

Thank you for stopping and reading of my miracles ...
Now stop by each of the following blogs and read about their miracles..
Each one of us have experienced one sometime in our lives ..

  1. Melissa PInter: http://pinkpolkadotscrapping.blogspot.com
  2. Lisa T. - http://bitbythecricutbug.blogspot.com
  3. Janet R.- http://janetscreativeworld.blogspot.com/
  4. Jill - http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/
  5. Kimberly ~ http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com
  6. Anita ~   http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com 
  7. Autumn http://autumnsbuggycreations.blogspot.com
  8. Audrey ~ http://scrappyemt.blogspot.com    
  9. Nicolette- http://beyondscrapin.blogspot.com
  10. Lisa ~ http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
  11.  Doris -http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Here is the picture of our tattoo


    1. God bless you and your family! It's tough having to wait and see, and not being able to do what you know as a mom needs done! I too struggled with not being able to hold my girl, and not knowing what was going to happen next. Thank God for nurses and doctors who are so caring! Thanks for sharing your story! Another proof that God is in control! God is good!
      Janet Royer

    2. what a wonderful Miracle !!!! TFS!!!


    3. Your miracle story brought tears to my eyes. You are so very blessed. :) You have a beautiful family.

    4. Well, now that I've caught my breath, wow, what a story, stories. God is watching over your family. I'm heartbroken and relieved at the same time. I hope your son's wife is an ex and I hope she gets proper punishment!
      God bless you all

    5. I cried reading your story this morning in my e-mail. How awful and such a tragedy for your daughter BUT thanking GOD that she (ex dil) was "heard" loud and clear and being put away and hopefully the key to be thrown away - so to say!! I am so thrilled that your daughter was such a fighter and that GOD provided that. mixed emotions. thankful both your daughters are okay! parkernana4@aol.com http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

    6. O Audrey I know what this feels like. Hits home when you described the pain watching your little one on the vetalater, so helpless. I know that a Mother's Love is important in raising children. You are truely blessed... Thank You for bein part of my blog hop!!

    7. Thank you everyone.. I will carry these two events in my life with me everyday and I can remember them as though they happened yesterday... I have grown stronger from each one that has happened... My husband and I both went and got matching tattos for our girls a couple of months ago... "Stay Strong Forever" is the saying and there is 3 different stars each one is for each one of the girls.. small one for Autumn, Medium one for Minnie and large one for Kat... My stars has their favorite colors and my husband's tattoo is all old school.. I will post pictures.. My husband actually roughed drew it and our tattoo artist touched it up.. and then across my back side of my wrist I had the words tattoo'd " Stay Strong" and everyday when it seems to get rough I look down and remember I am strong and so is my family... we will stay strong.. Melissa thank you for having me join you in the wonderful and remarkable blog hop... It was nice to share my story and let others know they are not alone...

    8. I can do nothing but offer my hugs and prayers , for you are an amazing and strong woman! Thank you. Wow!

    9. Wow what an amazing story. I am praying for your family. I agree you are amazing and strong. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

    10. Perfect miracles in your family! Love it! TFS CallyAnn

    11. My insdes are are shaking from reading your childrens stories. You have gonr through a lot. All I can say is that it is a mircle you have these 2 girls. I am so thankful that you got home when you did. I am so glad you shared your story. Edwina Brown edwina.brown@live.com

    12. Thanks be to God for watching over your two beautiful angels! TFS

      maria_m_nestor (at) yahoo.com

    13. omg. this is sad. i cried reading this. im so happy your miracles are still with you.

      craftingwithblue at gmail dot com

    14. Wow! I am glad your stories turned out well in the end. You and your little girls have been through a lot! Your family is SO blessed.

    15. Wow, I can't even imagine what I would do if something tried to harm my child. I'm so glad you have not given up on this women. I hope she gets life in prison.

      As for your oldest she is a miracle baby and I'm so glad to hear she has a normal happy life.


    16. wow real tear jerker, congrats on your miracles and thank god your daughter was so fast thinking on her feet to record that, what a night mare, my goodness, ss



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...