Apr 10, 2011

Busy and Exciting Day at the Races

Today was opening day at the moto cross track in our town. I volunteer with our local Ambulance Core and I go to the races with them once a month and stay there for the whole day, which is about 8 to 12 hours ... today was a long day for us there and very busy too....

 Starting Gate.. That was my position today...
 This is me... ugh I look rough, but it was early in the morning ugh
This a turn by the starting gate area which was also part of my track where I was at. This is not zoomed in at all .. this is how close I am to the track/racers

I really enjoy what I do and love being able to help to my limits that I am allowed...
My children have learned so much from me being a volunteer with my ambulance and also being a volunteer firefighter too.. and they have learned alot from it and they are excited to be able to give back to their community when they are old enough too.

Today was my best friends first time going to the races and doing this with us and she loved it.. now she sees what it is all about.. she is in the background of the picture of me... I am so proud of her for getting over her fears. I have to say she handled herself and did what she was trained to do awesomely...
Congrats Rachel... you did it!!!!
Now it is time for me to go and relax and maybe go to bed early tonight, I am exhausted from the events today and a little sore too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...