Apr 14, 2011

Card for My Mom

I was thinking of my mom today and thought that she might like to get a card letting her know that I was thinking of her. She only lives about 10 minutes from me, but she loves owls and handmade items, and I just want her to know that I was thinking of her today.

The past 14 years she has been through alot. About 7 years ago today she was diagnosed with Cancer and she was told that the odds of her surviving it was very low cause of her age, but 2 years later she was cancer free and has been since. There were days when she wanted to give up but she looked at my newborn daughter that was born the same week that she was diagnosed and said to herself I have something to live for and that is what gave her the strength to fight. I am so proud of my mom and I am glad that she fought to stay here with us and live life.

So every year when we celebrate my daughter's birth we also celebrate my mom's courage to fight her cancer.

Stamp is from My Pink Stamper... I just got this set in yesterday... what great timing..



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...